What are my options?

There are many support services in and around Maroondah for young people with a disability. Support is offered in many areas including health, employment, education, recreation, housing, and advocacy. Visit Disability Online at www.disability.vic.gov.au for a wealth of information and a list of support services for disabled people in your area.

EACH - Community Inclusion and Support Services

What: Assistance for people (and their carers) who have intellectual, sensory, neurological, and physical disabilities, or acquired brain injury. Includes recreational activities and day programs, individual home support and a Family Relationships Service for Carers (FRSC) offering information, referral, counselling and mediation.
Where: 46 Warrandyte Road, Ringwood
Cost: Day programs cost varies, FRSC is free-of-charge
Phone:  9871 1850
Web: www.each.com.au

ECHO Disability Employment Network

What: Employment service supporting people with a disability to find work in the open labour market. Job search support including looking for work, resume building, and interview preparation. Also help with training in specific job skills, career advice, vocational training and skill identification.
Where: Suite 6 45-51 Ringwood St, Ringwood
Cost: Free
Phone:  9879 7814
Disability Services
What: Offers a free youth health clinic for people with a disability. Young people can see a doctor about general health concerns, sexual health, emergency contraception, STI checks, feeling down, pregnancy testing and general counselling.
Where: Department of Human Services: 883 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill
Phone:  9843 6312
Web: www.echoaustralia.com

Care Connect

What: Case management programs for young people with a disability. Assistance for young people who are at risk of inappropriate entry into a nursing home.
Where: 16-18 Croydon Road, Croydon
Phone:  9724 1666
Web: www.careconnect.org.au

Interchange Outer East

What: A wide range of programs and services for children and young adults with disabilities and their families.
Where: 5-7 Yose Street, Ferntree Gully
Cost: Program costs vary
Phone:  9758 5522
Web: www.interchange.org.au

Supported Housing Limited

What: May be able to provide assistance for rent in advance or rent arrears if on a disability support pension.
Where: 3/1401 Burke Road, Kew
Office Hours: Mon to Fri 9am-5pm
Phone:  9859 8833
Web: www.housingregistrar.vic.gov.au

Further Help

  • EACH Inclusion and Support Services (for people 18+) 9871 1850
  • Eastern Recreation and Leisure Services 9720 5944 www.erls.net
  • Outer East Citizen Advocacy Program 9879 5206
  • Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS) (City)  9267 3755 www.ydas.org